[linux-lvm] Can no longer mount lvm striped volume

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Thu May 2 14:47:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 08:36:10PM +0100, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 01:07:22PM -0600, Craig Tierney wrote:
> > Things are getting better.  I found 2 of the
> > 3 lv's that were missing.  I am trying to find the last
> > one.
>
> Try vgscan -f, it will replace all the LV numbers with new ones rather than try
> to preserve them.

I tried vgscan -f, but it did not help.

I get different results if I run vgdisplay with and without
the -D option.  With the -D option, the volume group looks correct.
I did remember to update the lvm tools and not just the kernel
patch.

(The wrong results)
[root at x05 /root]# vgdisplay -v sdd_vol4
--- Volume group ---
VG Name               sdd2_vol12
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             available/resizable
VG #                  19
MAX LV                255
Cur LV                0
Open LV               0
MAX LV Size           511.98 GB
Max PV                255
Cur PV                1
Act PV                1
VG Size               499.98 GB
PE Size               8 MB
Total PE              63998
Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
Free  PE / Size       63998 / 499.98 GB
VG UUID               f9oa9Y-OsTL-Yypp-2KCK-kVzG-Vinb-c2eQlg

--- No logical volumes in "sdd2_vol12" ---

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name (#)           /dev/sdaa (1)
PV Status             available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    63998 / 63998

(The right results)
[root at x05 /root]# vgdisplay -D -v sdd_vol4
--- Volume group ---
VG Name               sdd_vol4
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             NOT available/resizable
VG #                  19
MAX LV                255
Cur LV                1
Open LV               0
MAX LV Size           511.98 GB
Max PV                255
Cur PV                2
Act PV                2
VG Size               488.27 GB
PE Size               8 MB
Total PE              62498
Alloc PE / Size       62498 / 488.27 GB
Free  PE / Size       0 / 0
VG UUID               cBSzp4-kauE-Tv0N-SC3r-6mAi-RGw0-zwTbDC

--- Logical volume ---
LV Name                /dev/sdd_vol4/lv1
VG Name                sdd_vol4
LV Write Access        read/write
LV Status              available
LV #                   1
# open                 0
LV Size                488.27 GB
Current LE             62498
Allocated LE           62498
Stripes                2
Stripe size (KByte)    64
Allocation             next free
Read ahead sectors     10000
Block device           58:7

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name (#)           /dev/sdo (1)
PV Status             NOT available / allocatable
Total PE / Free PE    31249 / 0

PV Name (#)           /dev/sdh (2)