[linux-lvm] lvm2 debian packages

Andy Baillie andrew.baillie at ntlworld.com
Wed May 15 11:14:02 UTC 2002

Much better,

a blank install, utilising an ext2 root partition now only needs the
device-mapper patch to be bootable, once DM is in the main tree then
I won't be running custom kernels at last!

The only other issue outstanding is that the vgscan process uses
/var/lock if this directory does not exist when the vgscan occurs
then the scan fails. Though I mount /var as an lvm partition I have
created /var/lock from root and this seems to work fine. I havn't
found any problems with that yet.

Initial testing shows it appears robust and it looks like my new server
gets to go into service soon!

Regards
Andy

--
            ---  ===  ~~~  Lands of Stone ~~~ === ---
UK Mudders, too lagged to the States? then have you considered