Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Reboot Problem

-- Jonathan Brett <jbrett wheremedia com>

I have my system configured with Redhat 7.3 with 2 80GB hard drives.  I
made a volume group using /dev/hdc and /dev/hda9.  Everything worked
fine, I copied data in there, put in the 'vgscan' and 'vgchange -a y' in
the startup script and put 'vgchange -a n' into the shutdown script.
However, when I reboot my machine, the data is lost :(  I do a 'locate'
on a file I know is in there and it finds it.  However when I do a 'ls'
in the directory, nothing shows up.

Looks like a file system problem that has nothing to do with LVM. What file system are you using? What does fsck -f do on the logical volume?

                                           +1 800 762 1582