[linux-lvm] getting started with LVM

Ben Snyder ben at jumpline.com
Thu May 23 15:46:02 UTC 2002

I am currently doing some research for my employer regarding storage and
backups.  We currently use dump as a backup utility due to limited
budget.  However, dump has been giving us fits due to lseek errors.

Someone suggested looking into LVM, so here I am.  I looked a the
website and did a little digging, but I was unable to find out if LVM
will serve my purposes.

If anyone can lend a hand and provide feedback that can tell me if LVM
is worth my effort to solve this problem, or where I can find this sort
of information, I'd be vert greatful.

Thanks in advance...