[linux-lvm] getting started with LVM

Ben Snyder ben at jumpline.com
Thu May 23 15:57:01 UTC 2002

Something I probably should have mentioned....due to some software we
use to serve our customers, we have hard links - TONS of them.  We
looked at cpio, but cpio does not restore hardlinks correctly, dump
will.  We also looked at tar, 'star', dd, just about anything to take
the data from one device/filesystem to another.

Thanks for the feedback though.