Re: [linux-lvm] pecopy or lecopy

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 04:48:15PM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> > If I try and mount the h2 filesystem my kernel opps as the first 150
> > PE<->LE mappings don't exist. Has anyone written a tool that copies
> > either PEs or LEs from disk without mounting the affected partition?
> Attached script, which *needs* 1.1-rc tools to run, tries this:

To aid recovery in LVM2 we've added a --partial flag which asks the
tools to bring up as much of an incomplete logical volume as they can
find (but read-only).  Missing bits get replaced by another block
device that you can set up to give I/O errors when accessed, or zeros
or whatever.

Alasdair
--
agk uk sistina com