Re: [linux-lvm] lvm 1.03 on redhat 7.3

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:27:22PM -0400, James B. Byrne  wrote:
> I am trying to mount a root fs using lvm on redhat 7.3 using the
> howto guide provided by sistina.com.  I am getting this message:

isn't this covered in the redhat manual?
well redhat provided lvm and mkinitrd tool do support it

i suppose you are running from a root on a partitioned disc
and you copied everything to your lvm root which is at
the moment mounted under /mnt/lvm
and that you have fixed the /etc/fstab under the new lvm root
to reflect the new setup: ie you have sth like
/dev/vg00/lvol3 / ext3 defaults 0 1

now run:
mkinitrd -v --fstab=/mnt/lvm/etc/fstab /boot/initrd_lvm `uname -r`
and use the newly created initrd to boot your system.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.