[linux-lvm] remove a drive from an array not like described in the howto

Newsmail newsmail at satimex.tvnet.hu
Thu Oct 3 10:32:21 UTC 2002

I would like to remove a HD from my VG, but the VG contains an LV, that
uses the entire space of the VG. the howto describes I have to pvmove
everything from my HD I want to remove to another physical volume in the
VG. well I have no other physical volume for this purpose.
is this a good way to resize my partition with resize_reiserfs, and then
lvreduce my LV, then vgreduce the physical volume from it? is this a good
way to not loose my data?
regards,
greg