[linux-lvm] crash

Greg Freemyer freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com
Mon Oct 7 11:26:55 UTC 2002

I had a very similar problem a week ago.

I first used dd to verify that my underlying physical disks were in good shape.  i.e. No hardware issues.

Then I used dd to veryify the raid units were functional.

In my case both were fine.

I still had errors exactly like yours below.

I'm not in front of my Linux box but I think I used vgcfgrestore or something like that to restore the VG metadata.

After doing the restore, and in my case deleting a snapshot LV I had, everything was fine.

HTH
Greg Freemyer