Re: [linux-lvm] I broke my PVs!

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 11:14:02PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:
I have 3 disks, one 9GB and two 18GB scsi disks. I just re-installed my
system with RH 8.0, and it didn't like that the two 18's weren't
initialized, I guess I screwed up, cause I didn't think I was
initializing them(since I told the installer not to), and instead ran
fdisk and then saved without making partitions.

what do you mean with initialized? mke2fs? in this case you will find lovely ext2 superblock copies in the middle of your data, but then you could salvage most of your data.

lost partition table? just recreate it, it is not destructive?

lost lvm metadata?
i s'pose you don't have a metadata backup handy,
how were your lv's laid out in your vg?

i never tried this on linux, but on hp-ux pvcreate, vgcreate and lvcreate weren't
destructive, it only touched disk metadata. so you could try pvcreate,
vgcreate and lvcreate.
DO A BACKUP OF YOUR RAW DISK DATA FIRST

L.
--