[linux-lvm] lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 0x8004fe97

Jon Bendtsen jon+lvm at silicide.dk
Mon Oct 21 03:41:02 UTC 2002

Since i want to run with ext3 and use snapshots, i applied the
	linux-2.4.18-VFS-lock.patch
to my default 2.4.18 kernel. I just did that file since making
the patches, and applying that would fail during compilation.
(something about md driver ?, which i dont use)

So, after just getting the VFS-lock patch to work, i've tried
to use it on my debian woody, with
	lvm-common     1.5.5
	lvm10          1.0.4-4
installed. But i get alot of errors :/
	lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 0x8004fe97
	lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 0x8004fe97
	lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 0x8004fe97
	lvm -- lvm_chr_ioctl: unknown command 0x8004fe97

And sometimes vgscan cant find my VG, and i cant activate it with
	vgchange -a y ...

It _MIGHT_ be because i'm running lvm ontop of a loop-AES, but it does
work most of the time.

JonB
ps: right now i'm starting all over with
	2.4.19
	lvm_1.1-rc2.tar.gz
and removing those debian packages.