[linux-lvm] cannot mount snapshot volumes

Marien Tielemans - Van Boxtel Software BV mtielemans at van-boxtel-software.nl
Wed Sep 25 04:14:07 UTC 2002

Hello Patrick,

Redhat 7.3 uses kernel 2.4.18-3 .
I tryed to patch the kernel with : linux-2.4.18-VFS-lock.patch (located in
LVM/1.0.5/PATCHES )

In the README it is mentioned that kernels supplied with RedHat , Mandrake
etc are a little different from the kernels
supplied bij kernel.org .
Since the lvm-1.0.5-2.4.18-3custom.patch worked fine with the "RedHat "
kernel i thought the VFS-lock patch also should work.
What do you advise me to do ?
 Thanks,

Marien