Re: [linux-lvm] software mirroring

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 09:12:31AM -0400, Scott Savarese wrote:
which would tell lilo to put its boot sector at the beginning of hdc1
and its mirrored copy.

I made the change but the black magic isn't working...I am getting L 80 80... again.

L 80 means that LILO loaded the boot sector, but a disk not ready error
prevented it from finding the second stage boot loader (/boot/boot.b)

looks like it is looking on the wrong drive...

are you 100% positive that you have replaced lilo with a standard dos
mbr on hdc?

another option is to use:
disk = /dev/hdc
 bios = 0x80

boot = /dev/hdc

in your lilo.conf, but this does not work seamlessly with raid
and you need two lilo.conf (one for hda and one for hdc)

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.