[linux-lvm] cannot mount logical volume on boot

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Sep 17 15:29:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, at 4:18pm, ben at jumpline.com wrote:
> If I uncomment that line and reboot, everything fails and I get to the
> single-user mode root password prompt.

  It sounds like the LVM is not up and running properly with the LV
available when the filesystem check is run, causing the fsck to fail,
causing the initscripts to drop you into the emergency "your system is
really hosed" shell at boot.

> I've had to hardlink /dev/vg/lv to /dev/sdz1

  Instead of a hardlink, try a symlink.  I suspect the hardlink is causing
the device node magic in the LVM userland programs to get all borked up.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>