Re: [linux-lvm] cannot mount logical volume on boot

bscott ntisys com wrote:

It sounds like the LVM is not up and running properly with the LV
available when the filesystem check is run, causing the fsck to fail,
causing the initscripts to drop you into the emergency "your system is
really hosed" shell at boot.

Yeah, just trying to figure out why, excatly.

Instead of a hardlink, try a symlink. I suspect the hardlink is causing the device node magic in the LVM userland programs to get all borked up.

After reading your suggestion I thought I'd give that a shot...what I get is a message telling me /dev/sdz1 is not a valid block device.