Re: [linux-lvm] Removing an old disk, and some vgexport/import love..

Quoting Matt <lightning aci net>:

> > > PV Name (#)           /dev/hde1 (1)
> > > PV Name (#)           /dev/hdg1 (3)
> > > PV Name (#)           /dev/hdf1 (4)

what happened here is that vgreduce doesn't renumber the PVs and if you
export the VG and try to reimport it, vgimport complains because it expects
the PVs to be numbered contiguously.  I had this same problem a couple of
weeks ago.  I solved it by patching the VGDA on the new disk, renumbering the
PV to get the number of the PV I had removed and then everything was ok again.

It seems like you'll need to renumber /dev/hdf1 to be PV#2 from being PV#4.
Check with pvdata that the PVs are indeed numbered as above, make a copy of
the first few sectors of /dev/hdf1 and then try the following:
printf "\0002" | dd of=/dev/hdf1 bs=1 count=1 seek=432 conv=notrunc

--
Christian Limpach <chris Pin LU>