Re: [linux-lvm] raid1+lvm

Hi,

right now, I am not yet sure, if this all is ok, I´ve learned quiet a bit about the LVM, and I remember, that it was not suggested to use swap on a lvm in former times, and it doesn´t matter if it is a swap file or a partition, since there could be bad things when memory is tight. Perhaps this is problem is removed - I never used swap on a lvm, but I did on a software raid1.

It would be perfect if that all would work, you built a system with two cheap IDE-disks or scsi if you´re rich - than one can build a small boot partition on both disks and with the rest of the disk one can make a soft-raid1 with the lvm on top.

I know I can do it, so I have root and swap and data on the raid, accessible via the lvm. But would it work if mem is tight and the system load is high or could I run into a deadlock ?

Best regards

Andreas

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

Gerwin Lienert (gerwin lienert gmx de) wrote 37 lines:

But what do you do, when your swap becomes to small.

- use a swapfile (can be on LVM) with a low priority - use a swap partition on LVM with a low priority

--
Andreas Baier