[linux-lvm] Re: [gentoo-desktop] Starting and Configuration of LVM after Kernel Mod.

Robert Cole robert.cole at support4linux.com
Thu Apr 3 14:26:02 UTC 2003

I just installed this successfully. Did you emerge lvm-user? Did you mount
/boot and then run lvmcreate_initrd to create a ram disk? Did you put ramdisk
support with an initial size of 8192 in the kernel config?

And lastly make sure your kernel line of grub.conf has the initrd= line in it.

Check all these things because from what I learned in setting lvm up if any
one of these things are missing lvm will fail to boot.

There are instructions on setting lvm up in gentoo on the gentoo.org website
under user docs.

Robert