Re: [linux-lvm] Unable to create a physical volume on a whole disk

Jan H. van Gils wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for reading this message.

The following is the case, I would like to create a pv on a whole disk
but pvcreate gives me the message that there is a "partition table" on
the
disk.

I removed the partition table with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdb bs=512
count=1"
The fdisk command shows me that there is no partion table but pvcreate
tells me
different.

check if kernel has seen a partition during boot (cat /proc/partition) in this case you either have to issue

blockdev --rereadpt /dev/hdb
or reboot

L.
--