[linux-lvm] performance tests

Hi list,
I would like to hear some opinions about a configuration: I have a dual Xeon with 2 RAID5 HW controllers, so that from the OS side I have two SCSI disks. I am trying different configurations to see which one has the best performances. The machine will be a file server for a bunch of people.
The question is: would you use LVM over a SW-RAID0 between the two SCSI disks? Is native LVM striping that better (in terms of performance I mean)?
Let me know, I'll run bonnie++ meanwhile, but I don't know if it highlights the differences: I should simulate a multiuser stress of the disks. Any advice?

ciao rob

     Roberto Ammendola    INFN - Roma II - APE group
tel: +39-0672594504  email: roberto ammendola roma2 infn it   // \
     ICQ: 152497874    MSN: ammendola_ro hotmail com          \\_/ //
                                                              '''