Re: [linux-lvm] trying to restore data after Harddisk breakdown

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:26:18PM +0200, Kai Iskratsch wrote:
> Cannot change metadata for partial volume group Data
> Restore failed
> how can I restore the metadata to the new disk?

There was some info about this on the list before IIRC:
If you're editing a text backup file intending to restore
from it, you need to make sure it's completely how you want
it first - check the VG has status READ and WRITE and not
PARTIAL.

Alasdair
--
agk uk sistina com