Re: [linux-lvm] Re: LVM writes on raw disk of ATA RAID Mirror

In message <20030430011344 N16789 zealot blacknet de>, Goetz Bock writes:
>during my last/first/only time i had to deal with ataraid, and IIRC,
>the promise IDE driver had a compile time flag where it would not touch
>initialised raid arrays.
>aktivating this flag would simply remove the offending disks from the
>list of ide disks and make it available via ataraid only.

It would be nice if it were possible to do this.  Is this perhaps the
CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE flag (turned off, or on)?

The Linux kernel configure help for it isn't very enlightening.  And as
best I can tell it affects only the flags passed to some of the Promise
cards during setup.  But interestingly _not_ the PDC20271 which is on
the Promise TX2000 card I have.  (Or the PDC20268, PDC20269, PDC20275,
or PDC20277.  It does affect the PDC20270 and PDC20276 though, and most
of the older PDC chipsets (in pdc202xx_old.h).)

Ewen