[linux-lvm] pvcreate , partition format ?

Hi,
I have an existing partition
/dev/sda1 mounted on /oracle
This partition is using 100% of its space. I added a new partition from
a new disk  /dev/sdc1

I know it is possible to resize partition using LVM. I have it installed
by default on my redhat 8.0 system. I can't re-format the partition
since i can't lose data? Is LVM the right tool for the job. Will
pvcreate erase some data ? Can't I keep the same name for mount
point(/oracle) once some extra space has been added ?

Joel Acclassato

ThanX