Re: [linux-lvm] How to migrate data from one Hard Drive to a newone

Luca Da Col wrote:

[cut]

I finally decided to upgrade my old 6.5G HD to a new 120G HD; is the procedure described in
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/removeadisk.html a safe way to migrate all my data from the former to the 120G? I mean, my case is slightly different from the one described because of /boot partition and LILO in the MBR...

yes, but if you are worried, you can do it like this: mount the new "partition" (real or LV) to /mnt cd /the_source, eg. /usr /var /home ... find -xdev | cpio -pm /mnt umount /mnt repeat for the next source.

The process is described in the software raid howto.
Remember to edit the new /etc/fstab and new /etc/lilo.conf,
and run lilo with lilo -r /mnt

JonB