[linux-lvm] vgscan messages regarding read-only cdrom

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez linux-lvm at 24x7linux.com
Mon Dec 1 13:56:02 UTC 2003

On Monday, 01 December 2003, at 11:08:42 +0100,
Kai Weber wrote:

> devices {
>     dir = "/dev"
>     scan = [ "/dev" ]
>     filter = [ "r|cdrom|" ]
>     cache = "/etc/lvm/.cache"
>     write_cache_state = 1
> }

It seems you can have just one instance of the "filter" directive, where
you must put every filter you want to apply for devices. For example,
this is what I have in my configuration file:
filter = [ "r|hdd|", "r|cdrom|", "r|md|", "a|.*|" ]

I accept every block device under /dev, but previously exclude /dev/hdd
(my CD-ROM device), /dev/cdrom al MD metadevices from the list. It works.

Greetings.

PS: the man page for lvm.conf doesn't explicitily says you can have just
one "filter" directive, neither the opposite, although the sample
"lvm.conf" bundled with sources and packages seemd to give a hint about
the correct syntax. Would it be necessary to be more specific about that ?

Greetings.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test10-mm1)