[linux-lvm] EXT3 vs Reiserfs

Markus Baertschi markus at markus.org
Mon Dec 8 10:36:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:17:50 -0600, Chris Cox wrote:
>We love the ability to do resize_reiserfs while the filesystem is mounted.
>Constantly amazes the "Unix" purists.

This is the one feature I like most on my AIX boxes, where the stock
LVM & JFS setup has done this for more than a decade.

That a broken reiser on RH is the source of the occasiona data loss reported
is good possibility. But that means there were broken reiser implementations
out there of which RH assumed they were stable and they weren't.

Markus

--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Rossé 14b             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org