Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 not function

Li Yang,

You should run "vgchange -ay" to active all the LVs.

Li Yang-r58472 wrote:

Hi,

I used LVM come with Redhat9 on my desktop computer. Recent days I want to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.0-test11 which needs LVM2 to work with the device-mapper. To be more up to date, I also recreated the lvs to use lvm2 metadata. But when I rebooted the computer, new created lv can't mount. It said it's not a valid block device. So I check the status with "lvm lvscan", it showed that these lv turned to be inactive. So I removed and recreated these lv. Right after creation, these lvs were ACTIVE and mountable, but after reboot, they became inactive and unusable again. Does anyone have clue?

--

Leo Li

Software Engineer

Metrowerks -- a Motorola company