Re: [linux-lvm] determing lvm support

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:30:51PM +0000, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 02:35:41PM +0100, Luca Berra wrote:
Besides that is there any way to reliably check if dm is loaded from a
c program, besides calling dm_task_run(), which is noisy if the driver
is not loaded? I don't want the user to see an error if she's not
running device-mapper.

Look at using dm_log_init() to provide a function that suppresses all output.
I'll look at it, but it seems i cannot restore the previous log function
then, i think it's easier to bypass the lib for my particular case.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards,
L.

-- Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it Communication Media & Services S.r.l. /"\ \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN X AGAINST HTML MAIL / \