Re: [linux-lvm] Performance problem.

-- Jean-louis MATTON <Jean-Louis Matton clin ucl ac be>

what is your hardware config, mainly for disks ?
in the if I use LVM on top of ide disks some big file transfert, like ftp
tar ..., the system hang  during the file manipulation.
when moving the same config on SCSI disk I never see this situation.

My config is soft raid1 + lvm + ext3 fs

Have you had the same problem with ext3 on non-LVM/RAID systems?

-- Steven Lembark 2930 W. Palmer Workhorse Computing Chicago, IL 60647 +1 888 359 3508