[linux-lvm] LVM2: Problems with "lvextend" on device with mounted filesystem

I can confirm this problem; I'm also not able to resize online a reiserfs filesystem since i've upgraded to kernel 2.6 and lvm2. resize_reiserfs says "run reiserfsck --check first" but reiserfsck detects no problems. Offline resizing works without any complaints. Lvm and reiserfs partitions were set up with linux 2.4 and lvm1 and back then online resizing was no big deal, but then I migrated to 2.6 and lvm2 and now I have always to unmount the partition first before resizing the filesystem wich is really annoying. lvmextend itself seems to do its job well, but then again only kernel and lvm have changed before the trouble has started. I didn't find any hints on the web about this issue but this thread on linux-lvm.

Piotr Kaczuba