[linux-lvm] LVM rootfs and cramfs as ramdisk

Jan H. van Gils JanVG at Knoware.NL
Sat Feb 1 15:37:02 UTC 2003

>Hi Jan,

Hi Francis,

>You need "/etc" in rw for this you can mount "/etc" in the "linuxrc"
>script using a tmpfs filesystem like this:

Thanks for the information.
I was already wondering if I was the only one with this problem.

But what about the init files that are normaly in "/etc" ?
I can imagion that a tmpfs is an empty filesystem.
Or do I not fully understand what you mount option does ?

>/#!/bin/sh
>mount -t tmpfs none /etc
>mount -t proc none /proc
>echo "Scanning for Volume Groups..."
>/sbin/vgscan
>echo "Activating Volume Groups"
>/sbin/vgchange -a y
>umount /proc
>umount /etc
>/
>I used "romfs" for the "initrd" ramdisk.
>
>Best regards.
>
>Francis

With regards Jan

----
With regards Jan H. van Gils
Internet web-page http://www.Knoware.NL/users/janvg/
Internet e-mail address JanVG at Knoware.NL
RIPE Whois JHG5-RIPE, 6BONE Whois JHG1-6BONE