[linux-lvm] Help configuring LVM

Hi, I have looked at the HOWTO's and FAQ's and cannot seem to solve my problem, maybe it's me.

I do not seem, while installing Slackware 8, to be able to build LVM into the install, so I was hoping to be able to do a minimal install and then add a logical volume and move me data.

I have installed Slackware (a very basic setup) as:

/dev/hda1 100 MB mounted as /boot

/dev/hda2 200 MB as Swap

/dev/hda3 800MB mounted as /

I have three more drives, all 1 GIG drives. /dev/hdb1 /dev/hdc1 /dev/hdd1

What I would like to do is to amalgamate them all into one large volume, include /dev/hda3 as part of the volume and have it all mounted as /

So I hope to end up with a volume group, say vg1, consisting of a single volume, say vol1, copy data over from /dev/hda3 and then mount vol1 as /

Is there anywhere I can go to see an example of doing this/ or can someone help.

Thanks

Jon L.