Re: [linux-lvm] Re: Re: Sharing LVM's via NFS on Redhat 8.0 Part2 - SAMBA?

Hi!

> I have some data on logical volumes that are shared via NFS and I
> haven't seen any problems, but now that you have asked the question I'm
> starting to wonder if I'm putting that data at risk without even being
> aware of it....

nfs exports FILESYSTEMS, not partitions, logical volumes or anything else
;-) There have been problems with some filesystems exported by nfs (e.g. older
releases of nfs and reiserfs), but these problems are not discussed here. nfs
shouldn't worry wether the filesystem to be exported is on a logical volume,
a partition of your harddisk or anywhere else.

CU, Lars.