[linux-lvm] striping efficiency

grobe at gmx.net grobe at gmx.net
Tue Feb 18 16:30:02 UTC 2003

Hi!

OK, me too : RAID5!!!! (I've lost enough disks in my raids to shout here ;-)

But I have my own question here... I am going to stripe across two PVs which
are two RAID5s. I want to do that as we are getting a fibrechannel storage,
and we want to be able to use two channels. So, I will get /dev/sdc linked to
a raid5 at channel A, /dev/sdd at channel B, and with striping, will use
bandwith of both channels in one Volume Group.

What stripsize would you recommend here...?

Thank you + CU, Lars.