[linux-lvm] resize an ext3 on an LV

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 29 09:33:05 UTC 2003

The LV is already expanded. All I want to do is resize the ext3 filesystem
to the new size of the LV, which is now 275GB.

But I need to know the commands. Or some hint of what the command is. Is
it just "resize2fs /dev/homevg/userslv"? I've seen some posts saying that
using resize2fs will destroy an ext3 filesystem, is that not true? Will
the journal stay intact? What's the command that you use?

Thanks for the help!

Alex