[linux-lvm] PV issues with LVM on 2.4.21

Nathan Hunsperger linux-lvm at hunsperger.com
Wed Jul 16 17:12:02 UTC 2003

For the archive -

I was able to solve this problem by naming my volume group something
other than 'storage'.  Although vgcreate would allow me to create the
volume group named 'storage', I now suspect that one of my disks
contained an incomplete signature for that volume group, and was
confusing LVM.  After zeroing out the beginning of the drives, I was
able to create a volume group named 'storage' that lasts between
reboots.

- Nathan