SV: [linux-lvm] Need to remove broken hdd, and need to move the stuff i can from the broken disk

^YosH^ yosh at liquidzone.net
Sun Jul 27 16:37:01 UTC 2003

Seems I don’t have that backup dir, don’t even have a /etc/lvm dir...
I have tried to shrink the fs but the drive seems to hang the system
when I reach the bad blocks. Since I use ext3 I cant "cut" the fs off
like I would be able to do with like reiserFS... anyone have any ideas
of what to do ?
I have been trying to move stuff of the lvm too to free som space, but
the drive hangs everytime there is a dir that’s located on the crashed
disk...

It would be great with some handeling of crashed drives... some fault
tolerance...