[linux-lvm] Problems with snapshots on sparc64

Daniel Bayer daniel.bayer at stud.uni-rostock.de
Mon Jun 2 08:11:02 UTC 2003

Hallo

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:39:39AM +0200, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> which LVM version (kernel and tools)

kernel: 1.0.5+(22/07/2002)
tools:  1.0.4-4

> and do you have HIGHMEM configured
> (IOW: more than 960M memory) ?

Its a 64Bit architecture. There is no need for things like HIGHMEM.
But yes, the system has 2GB RAM.

> There's flaws with Linux 2.4.20 highmem which show with snapshots :(

But this problem:
> > Another related problem is, that "cat /proc/lvm/global" in the most
> > cases doesn't output the usual data but some random memory. Its really
> > odd. But if I try often enough I sometimes also get the right output
> > (and no, I didn't calculated the probability). The other files in
> > /proc/lvm work fine.

appears also if there are no snapshots at all. (This time I only had
to try 2 times to get the version-string.)

Tomorrow I will have some time to update the kernel and the tools to
the current versions.

Daniel