[linux-lvm] lvm2 and xfs (repost)

Svetoslav Slavtchev galia at st-peter.stw.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jun 6 04:26:01 UTC 2003

Quoting Rainer Krienke <krienke at uni-koblenz.de>:

> It seems this message I posted some days ago did not reach the list. So
> repost ist one more time. Sorry if anyone should receive it twice.
>
> Hello,
>
> since I have trouble with lvm1 in a linux san environment with a
> multipath
> configuration I wanted to give  lvm2 a try. So I downloaded a plain
> 2.4.20
> kernel and patched the devicemapper (latest stable version) and then I
> wanted
> to apply xfs patches since I want to use xfs. It seems that the
> devicemapper
> and xfs are not yet compatible. No matter which patch I appply first I
> have
> one file (/linux/fs/buffer.c) where either of the patches will fail if
> the
> other one has already been applied.
>
> Is there anyone running lvm2 with xfs? If yes what configuration do you
> use?
> What kernel should I use to get both  working (in a stable fashion)?
>
> Any comments?

why not go for a recent -ac kernel and skip patching :)
( in -ac are included both xfs and dm )

and someone posted a dm-patch against xfs kernel on the list

i'm using lvm1 & xfs ( and i really wanted to check lvm2) but because
xfs, devmaper & soft raid do not work all together i'm staing with lvm1 :(

best,

Svetljo