[linux-lvm] problem of snapshot on XFS

more more0401 at sina.com
Mon Jun 23 00:48:01 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am using XFS on LVM1 now.

I build snapshot LV using xfs_freeze and not using norecovery mount
option. This is commended in lvm-howto.
But in my test, if I reboot the system in the progress of file writing
on a LV that has snapshot,  the next time mounting snapshot will report
XFS error and the system wants to repair the snapshot. So I will have to
use norecovery option now.

I feel puzzled that why XFS repairing is needed on snapshot, I am now
building an enterprise network file server, the robust is very important
for us.

Very thanks for any feeding, by the way, it is not possible for me to
use LVM2 in current.

Regards,
more