[linux-lvm] vgscan and initrd

Hi, I come seeking sage advice :)

Anyways, I've been busy installing a new Linux system using Gentoo. I am running this on a spare box, Duron 800 w 300mb, with the harddisk connected to the Promise ATA 100 onboard controller as /dev/hde8.

Al goes well, and I create the following partitions

/dev/hde6      swap
/dev/hde7      ext3 fs     /boot
/dev/hde8      lvm

I also create the pv on /dev/hde8 and a logical volume at /dev/lv/ide

/dev/lv/ide is my /