[linux-lvm] shuffling drives along the chain?

Steve Wray stevew at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 26 16:04:02 UTC 2003

Thanks,
I was a bit worried as one time I reassembled
a machine with two drives swapped around accidentally;
hdc and hde were swapped and had PV's in the same VG.
LVM got terribly confused even though vgscan is run
at boot time. Fortunately I had just taken a backup
before starting otherwise I'd have lost lots of data!