[linux-lvm] lvm - red hat upgrade - newbie question

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jun 30 09:43:01 UTC 2003

I tried reading the HOWTO and other online documents, browsed the
archive, searched with google, but as a newbie I'm likely to have missed
something.  In that case, a pointer to the right doc would be appreciated.

I'm looking into implementing LVM on a Red Hat 7.3. production system
that runs a third party application from a vendor that is rather quick
to come back with "this is an unsupported configuration".  Red Hat 7.3
comes with LVM 1.0.3.  So, if I want to upgrade to the latest LVM
version (currently 1.0.7), I still need to patch the kernel.  How will
that affect future linux kernel upgrades (e.g. to install security patches)?

Herta