[linux-lvm] restoration of LVM setup?

	I am thinking about setting up LVM on my file server and would like to know
how easy it is to re-setup a LVM layout if I install a new distro.   A few
times I have had one of the OS drives fail on me which required a fresh
install of linux on a new drive.  But since all my file storage drives were
just single ext3 partitions I could mount them and the file server was back
up in no time with no loss of important data.

	How easy is it to do the same thing with a LVM setup?

bjz