Re: [linux-lvm] Core questions from a LVM neophyte...

Andy Francke wrote:
I'm up Andy - after a bunch of hacking/compiling/hacking cycles.
(conflicts with ext3).

Thanks so much for your help!

Glad it worked out. I hope that one day this will all be much, much easier -
guess that's life on the bleeding edge.

Andy

And on the real bleeding edge, with 2.5.X this is all very much easier. LVM2's device-mapper and XFS are in the stock kernel, and are simple to configure in and use. I converted my primary server a little over a week ago and have only had some minor issues to deal with. Not for everyone, certainly, but it does make the whole MD/LVM/XFS situation far easier to deal with.