[linux-lvm] Core questions from a LVM neophyte...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at cox.net
Tue Mar 11 22:45:02 UTC 2003

Andy Francke wrote:
>>I'm up Andy - after a bunch of hacking/compiling/hacking cycles.
>>(conflicts with ext3).
>>
>>Thanks so much for your help!
>>read the LVM HOW-TO at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/
>

> Glad it worked out. I hope that one day this will all be much, much easier -
> guess that's life on the bleeding edge.
>
> Andy

And on the real bleeding edge, with 2.5.X this is all very much easier.
LVM2's device-mapper and XFS are in the stock kernel, and are simple to
configure in and use. I converted my primary server a little over a week
ago and have only had some minor issues to deal with. Not for everyone,
certainly, but it does make the whole MD/LVM/XFS situation far easier to
deal with.