Re: [linux-lvm] Problems and questions with LVM on a large raidsystem.

-- Jon Bendtsen <jon+lvm silicide dk>

> that depends. You can stripe the lvm, but then you cant resize it.
> if you made a LV, then it would proberly just allokate all on one
> "disk", aka sda, and then on sdb.

I'm using 100% of the VG for the same LV.

    I'm fine with not being able to resize it. Do I need the MD stuff to
    stripe it?

No. You can stripe using the LV system. But i would think that if you can shutdown the LV, then you might as well stop the VG, and do it on the raw device. (except this isnt as future proof as a LVM system is).

Nor as flexable: with LVM you can easily grow the LV's, with out LVM you are stuck with fixed partitions.

-- Steven Lembark 2930 W. Palmer Workhorse Computing Chicago, IL 60647 +1 888 359 3508