Re: [linux-lvm] Debian and LVM at the begin of the installation prozess

Am Sonntag, 16. März 2003 10:19 schrieb Jan H. van Gils:
> >Quoting Stefan Feeser <stefan feeser felino de>:
> >> Hi all,
>
> 	Hi,

Hi,

thanks for your help! It seems that I haven' t understood something! I thougt
that LVM is a kernel builtin, so that I can create logical volumes from the
begin (my idea is to load a kernel, for example the 2.4 Linuxkernel from
Debian Bootdisks (Today I haven' t found a Bootdiskversion with which I have
the possibility to work with LVM after loading the kernel) in the RAM, and
after that I create locial volumes and so on). Is this possible and if it is,
please could you tell me how?

My main problem is that I don't want to create some "normal" partitions (If
root should be an normal one is that ok). I have had a one week seminar with
the Veritas LVM and I think that it is possible to load the LVM Module after
partions.

So with Linux, I want do the same. Start a kernel, install the LVM-Modules
(could you explain how I can do this manually?) and than I go forwards with
logical partions, etc.

> >> Thanks and regards
> >>
> >> Stefan
>
> Good luck Jan