[linux-lvm] LVM & LFS support

Greg Freemyer freemyer at NorcrossGroup.com
Tue May 13 15:12:03 UTC 2003

 >>  On Tuesday, 13 May 2003, at 08:47:58 +0200,
 >>  Jon Bendtsen wrote:

 >>  > Other than not being larger than the blockdevice, and doesnt the
 >>  > blockdevice has a limit of 2T ?
 >>  >
 >>  Your are right. There has been native support for huge (huge is large than
 >>  large :) block devices in 2.5.x for some time, and I think there is also
 >>  a backport to 2.4.x (I suppose main Linux distributors have some sort of
 >>  support for huge block devices, at least on their latest business-grade
 >>  offerings).

XFS has a couple 2.4.x LBD (Large Block Device) patches available on their ftp site.

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/weekly-snapshot-patch/

I'm pretty sure they just have them there for convenience.  I don't know where the official source is.

I have never used, them nor do I know any specifics.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer