[linux-lvm] mount root filesystem on lvm

Manfred Gschweidl m.gschweidl at inode.at
Fri May 9 14:19:03 UTC 2003

hello once again,

i used the ls command within the "linuxrc" script of the initial ramdisk.
"ls /dev/mapper/control" results only with "/dev/mapper/control"

"ls /dev/mapper results in following output:
control
progs-root

so i used "root=/dev/mapper/progs-root" as boot option, but i can still
not mount the root filesystem.

was anyone successfull with booting the root-filesystem on am lvm-volume
with lvm2 and device-mapper interface, using an initial ramdisk??

can anyone point me in the right direction??

thanks for any help in advance.

greetings from austria,

manfred