[linux-lvm] lvm in linux SAN enviroment ?

Kai-Min Sung k at kaisung.com
Fri May 30 05:36:01 UTC 2003

>Can anyone please comment on this scenario?

I'm not sure I fully understand your configuration, however...

>If this setup is simply "wrong", how could I tell vgscan which might to
my
>knowledge be the problem, that it should not scan all physical devices
it
>finds to avoid trouble.

...I know that with LVM2, you can define a filter (using regular
expressions) in the lvm.conf file, which will restrict the devices in
/dev that vgscan scans. There are several example filters in the
docs/example.conf file included in the tarball.

Regards,
-Kai